Crystal 1.5.0 has been released!

A new release with lots of improvements! :partying_face:

We’ve written a blog post summarizing the changes in this release, including a new warning that might pop up in your program :warning: : Crystal 1.5.0 released! - The Crystal Programming Language . While we have tested it against several known and sizeable projects, that doesn’t preclude the existence of regressions. If you find an issue, please check the issue tracker and file a bug: it will be fixed in a patch version.

The full changelog is here: Release 1.5.0 · crystal-lang/crystal · GitHub .

It is already available on most of the supported platforms, check the install page for details. That includes docker images :whale:, snapcraft, .deb and .rpm packages. The brew formula is on the way :beer:.

Happy Crystallizing!

22 Likes

Your link there is broken. It’s going to a blog post from 2022/6/6 (i.e. a 404), not 2022/7/6.

Exciting update, though!

No it’s not ;-) (I updated it one second after I posted it)

3 Likes

You people are fast

5 Likes

@beta-ziliani I think the abstract def name example is wrong:

Warning: positional parameter ‘e’ corresponds to parameter ‘r’ of the overridden method FooAbstract#foo(number : Int32), which has a different name and may affect named argument passing

e and r prob should be like name and number?

3 Likes

Sorry, I tried refreshing a couple times, but it must’ve been cached in my browser. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yay! :slight_smile: … in particular:

• PARAMETERS OF METHODS IMPLEMENTING AN ABSTRACT DEF MUST MATCH THE NAMES
  • CONSTANT INDEXERS FOR TUPLES
  • STRENGTHENING THE SECURITY OF FILE.TEMPFILE
  • A BIG STEP TOWARDS NATIVE WINDOWS SUPPORT
  • IMPROVEMENTS IN THE INTERPRETER
    … And from full release docs: Add UUID.parse? (#11998, thanks @jgaskins)
4 Likes