Help represent the Crystal community on the 2021 StackOverflow Developer survey

While filling out the 2021 StackOverflow Developer survey to vote for my favorite (and not vote for my least favorite) languages and tooling, I was pleasantly surprised to see that they listed Crystal as an option on their preferred Programming Languages question! If you have the time, consider voting for Crystal and helping raise the visibility of Crystal.

14 Likes

I was very pleasantly surprised when I saw it, too. So stoked to see the broader developer community taking Crystal more seriously.

Nice! I use Elm at work and I was surprised (the other way) that it wasn’t listed there…

(I guess what I’m saying is that I’m surprised Crystal is there but not Elm! I thought it was going to be the other way around… That is, Elm seems to be pretty popular!)

1 Like

Maybe I was going too fast, but I don’t think I saw Nim either. Hopefully the Nim people will write it in the Other field.

I also used “Crystal Language Community” as another developer community I’m involved in (and where I go if I run into problems).

3 Likes

The 2021 StackOverflow survey results have been published. Crystal is definitely more loved than dreaded! Although, our “professional developers” numbers could use some improving. :wink:

(While average pay for Crystal developers is below average, this could also increase interest among startups looking to keep development costs low.)

4 Likes

The years of experience with Crystal is higher, which probably means Crystal did not attracted enough newbies? Probably it’ll be good to concentrate on improving Crystal for people with little experience.

Not sure how representative the StackOverflow results in general though :)

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing, i found lots of information here, Really thankful and helpful.