AnΚ”®(Àyó0ÏË­ÄJ¼ì@psÛç¦%

p2’'¢< a˜Óƒ}YpŠct¦¿êRæ‘=„àaõzO…ad~´&fi w5aI§¬;$‰w¿f\ǀò~$KϾ¡¶â<3 Ýè n›N^…rÊÆ·¦BLûO–a‰DŠx&´y!žŒ¶ƒÒe[JW†OºŸ®"”3"-òz¿D®8FïT’ú…xg7—»î±y¦ù¶ŠëîÝ%Žp‚ëeˆBM²Ëè*㴊Y ܓh§¬;ï¥x˜Úû´ç”7ýi M)©¨x5½bœ·Ý’s*ßò‚·~!ÝY}›G,Œ/ÜbàW×Sæ¬ígës}Œ‰ú‚€5°ÓØ\÷HÏ9Ž‡]w[äŸXóœÁ›Ãkûø›N{QÇ»IÇë±Êþ/—¦°ï§„t~ýð%s4l›Øéμ󫕂¥@Y%W•ƒ©!¥À‹Ú·ª–Xûc]ÿ†¢ãtÈâ,µtϤ©[óÎR6¢Èä_…Îͽ~²Jõ¤Vȸ_‚Çõe®÷Ó
µ ®ˆ&·
‘Š!ÆdF%õ8ˆýÜþ’¥ÌYGÜþ"X;eR’…D¤ÔO/టP¶I;AøӃiAü—Þ“S+¸p¨=z4SHø}DŽàËÇnÇ´\½’2Ÿi²ÿ¨«¬òªáçrÚ8VXCã;¾.Õõ“mÞ{áņ¾Çß׿Ѕ…Ÿõ.bxlï|d]jXâ¯=ºn¡sØkdlxàQpäœÅ¶qՑùMi;±¯D0|{8&ül«ÍiEpšÝ&ØlM¨¤¬Óf‡!ǒyÇbnï¤Æ{M½œ‰ô2Ï6ÛæûÎL°HÄyš¥gw8ö®ÎlÔp: nO.ƒÅYà$›C7a¼;o‹Ã•Úr–[é"¦j7¢Õ*7ýu8؅¿NÔ;þó%ã5QkMغ×:'¹‡Å‰i̒Y?Ö¾ûS¶úú̗ηSÿnüü¶Òò+mm¸yœ?mE_‰µÑ€ðc<j‰ÖJ¹¢Cøz´¶ÇA†#¡ÑY3ѺPù®>u

1 Like

Probably the hardest issue to solve is memory management and multi-threading. But that said, it is an interesting land to explore.

^o<òa˜ÙG÷(Ö0Ø"†ÈöÇ#ë@Ñã—TLp8Å£0©g|ÈvýümÚ¬+€œQ¸CÖÎd92?þI‹ü²^±Ñ¥)ƌã&GÈ­»J>Jˆ_èð1)Òúކò(L]ìË㙂,¬n0~“‰¼ZAp."•ÄÙ4uܐ¬ MU¤C.„TFn?kyë÷åqâ—OxμøBÇkrÛ³ãVÞµ©!O3vjUL۝dp‚Û7FŽ ’Ҏ‡Æ&†ºUdì3È%jÍÀn ’÷$²=BR;N»kg0úú¬ƒ^H{Fiå‚èaµêupy›&½3ý[áU’÷m¢e¾]À‰h·þçj€TEÂ
X ÷
¯lñ­Ó‚–ë³
iÕd<.àÒ1a½½¸õ³ÿ”ÏVØ ·¶èÿу؄2fâ~¶ôZ.°˜K å6° 1»­;,ôq‰Kh0ÁMamdðUs<jsgÊaUlÄ¢‰%VÅ£G’ȳEAÔ /8õ
€€U‚]\«¿Ù·H×;–Ó¹}:Åh­ÚämU;”Í

GraalVM looks like amazing technology that is poisonous for Oracle reasons.

Say you build a nice business on GraalVM, then a decade later Oracle comes around “nice business you have there, shame if something were to happen to it. How much cash you got?”, They already did something similar with the JVM. At least with the JVM you can switch to OpenJDK as long as you are not dependent on the JVM performance.

Yes, we all don’t like Oracle.

If you mean port code from Ruby to Crystal, rubocop can help a lot, e.g. set rules for compatible with Crystal, and run rubycop -a.

there is another project create by me. port_ruby_to_crystal, will continue to improve, may reduce the friction a lot.

Anyway, i don’t consider mix Ruby with Crystal is a good idea.

2 Likes