Crystal 1.7.2 released

Oops we did it again! We’ve written a blog post summarizing the changes in this patch release: Crystal 1.7.2 released! - The Crystal Programming Language . While we have tested it against several known and sizeable projects, that doesn’t preclude the existence of even more regressions. If you find an issue, please check the issue tracker and file a bug: it will be fixed in the following patch version.

The full changelog is here: Release 1.7.2 · crystal-lang/crystal · GitHub .

It is already available on most of the supported platforms, check the install page for details. That includes docker images :whale:, snapcraft, .deb and .rpm packages, and brew :beer:.

Happy Crystallizing!

11 Likes

I just compile Crystal on my laptop to 1.7.1 yesterday evening.

You’re so last week! :laughing:

To be fair, as far as we know, only certain platforms are affected. You might not need to move to 1.7.2.

No No, compile on my laptop just a tiny task, if not because 1.7.2 not support llvm 15, it probably faster, for now, i have to compile use docker + alpine with static link.

It done already!

╰─ $ cr version
Crystal 1.7.2 [29f9ac503] (2023-01-23)

LLVM: 13.0.1
Default target: x86_64-alpine-linux-gnu

1 Like

Welp, time to build myself new Slackware packages on x86-64 and ARM64 for for the third time this month :rofl:

1 Like

I used Slackware too. In fact, when i first switch from window to linux, i use Slackware for five years, i switch to Arch several years ago.

1 Like