Monitoring your app

Hello

For people with Crystal running in production, I was wondering if there is any recommended way for monitoring your app.

I doubt there is anything like NewRelic that supports Crystal (yet), so I was curious about how to do this.

Thanks!

I have been looking into monitoring apps but have not figured it out.

There are some statsd shards that seem promising.
I started a shard to combine existing statsd shards with datadog but that would require more work.

1 Like

I intend to use https://github.com/Sija/raven.cr when I get to that point of app development - also it helps that their pricing seems reasonable but I’m yet to use them so I can’t directly compare the experience to NewRelic.

1 Like

The nice thing is that sentry is open source and you can even host it yourself, should the paid plans not fit for your purpose.

1 Like

I didn’t realise that, good call! :smile:

There’s a (not so) brief introduction to Sentry on Crystal I’ve perpetrated, in which I’m trying to guide through the basic feature set provided by raven shard and possible gotchas one might encounter. All feedback/critique is much welcomed!

7 Likes

this is great I might add this to my app.

1 Like

does anywhere here have an integration with datadog?
Including logging and metrics?

i will put up a shard for newrelic api calls, it just requires you start the agent in a separate process (i haven’t had the time yet to port the agent from go to crystal, it might be a project over my xmas vacation

2 Likes

I am thinking of undertaking a datadog integration. After looking at the APM stuff I think that is just too big of a project for now.