Hi all, I'm Sean

Hello everyone! My name is Sean Gregory; you might see me post as skinnyjames, although I’m not skinny and my name isn’t James.

I’m an Ex-GitLab Team member, art school dropout, and a person with a passion for collaboration, quality, and improvement.

One of my previous co-workers introduced me to Crystal, and the language has been such a pleasure to work with. I really enjoy solving problems with it, and I also enjoy reading the open and thoughtful discussions on design decisions by the core team and community.

I’ve been employing Crystal for about a year now, and have been building out a framework for writing and building OS package installers and a library for working with git.

I’m also very passionate about social and individual agency, and I’m often (re)considering practical improvements to systemic organizations of effort. I also like making things and working through ideas through design, paint, and sometimes animation.

Hope to have opportunities to chat and collaborate with you all!

8 Likes

Hi Sean! Out of curiosity, do you have a link about the fwk for package installer?

2 Likes

Hello!

I the package installer framework is part of a more generic concurrent task runner, but it aims to fill in gaps with chef omnibus.

The docs for it are here: https://skinnyjames.gitlab.io/barista/behaviors/omnibus/

Please let me know if you see big room for improvement! :smile:

3 Likes