Hi everyone! I’m new to the Crystal community, but so far my experience has been really positive.
For a project I needed Markdown parsing and manipulation, with support for GFM and custom nodes. Given that I was already using Crystal I decided to create cr-cmark-gfm a shard that binds to the C cmark-gfm library.
- Simple parsing and rendering of markdown content
- Render any node of the markdown AST in the following formats:
- Commonmark (including GFM-only nodes)
- Groff man pages
- Create custom renderers or customize the included crystal HTML renderer, which outputs the same HTML as the library’s C renderer
- Getters and setters for almost all of the properties of AST nodes
- Tree traversal and manipulation
- Directly create and customize nodes
The shard automatically downloads and compiles cmark-gfm and is fully documented, so it should be easy to give it a try.
Let me know what you think.