Looking for a crystal dev

Hi everyone :slight_smile:,

I started a cloud hosting company as a side project some years ago and am currently in the process of professionalizing what I started back then. There is some restructuring involved (in a good way) and for that I am currently looking for a Crystal developer to help me with the backend side.

I am a fullstack developer myself, but notice more and more that the business side takes a lot of time and every helping hand is welcome. The project itself is cloud hosting related, but I sadly can’t share a lot of details in public. It’s a paid position and I could imagine that the beginning would be as a freelancer/contractor to see how things work out. From my side hiring someone fulltime down the road would be great to have the focus to work on it fulltime, but this is not a must.

The backend of the current version is written in Ruby (Rails) with a PostgreSQL database and Redis to speed some things up. I want to go all in on Crystal for the rewrite and all future products and for that I am looking for someone who is motivated and has experience working with Crystal. There is no existing/“legacy” code involved and this would be something to work on from scratch.

I haven’t settled on any specific framework as this would be something we could discuss together. I am looking for someone who is experienced with Crystal, Postgres, is motivated and interested in “the Cloud” and all things related to it.

If you are interested please PM me.

10 Likes

Hi Niklas,
What you are wanting done is well within my area of expertise and I would be glad to help you out.
You can reach me on andrewjohnson.56782@gmail.com
Cheers,
Andrew

Hello Niklas,

I was developing a framework for Crystal (Glassy Framework · GitHub), it is not finished yet, but give some insights of the Crystal Language.

If you want some “part-time” developer (few hours a day), i can help speed up your project.

My e-mail is “contact@andersondanilo.com”