The Next Crystal Conf

Hello Crystians, is there any close crystal conf being planned this year or sooner? Have been thinking about local crystal communities, are there any at this time yet? I think this could increase the popularity of Crystal itself hence makes it noticeable on the market! Any thoughts on this or any plan the team in charge has on mind to make things move?

Hi Emmanuel,

Greetings from your Community Manager!

Looks like you’ve already chosen a cool name for the programmers,"Crystians":blush:it sounds pretty relatable. Crystal is currently a global community and agreed that having passionate influencers leading local Crystal communities would certainly add to the visibility of the product, this will definitely be one of my focus areas as the Community Manager for Crystal. Let me know if you would be interested to become a community influencer for your region and be one of the pioneers for this group.

As for the Crystal conference,we as a team are definitely working in this direction, the idea is there however the action plan is as new as my joining which is pretty recent so at this point, I would say stay tuned🤠!

Please don’t hesitate to reach out for any doubts/questions.Happy Contributing!

2 Likes

Hi Mekhla,

Thank you for reaching out to me about the opportunity to become a community influencer for the Crystal programming language. I am very interested in this role and would be honored to play a leadership role in promoting the language and building a strong, supportive community around it.

I have a passion for programming and am excited about the opportunity to share my knowledge and connect with others who are also passionate about this field. I am confident that I have the skills and experience needed to be a valuable member of the community, and I am eager to help promote the language and engage with others in the community.

If you have any additional information or requirements for this role, I would be happy to hear more. I look forward to your reply and hope that we can work together to further the goals of the Crystal community.

Best regards,
Emmanuel,

May I respectfully and humbly discourage the adoption of “Crystians” as a name for those of us who love Crystal?

It sounds like another word which I think would unintentionally imply a world view that I believe would deter global community engagement. At the very least, it will lead to discussions that have nothing to do with the joys of Crystal lang.

How about Crystalians? Or Crystalons? I’m sure the community has other suggestions that could be less divisive. :blush:

My first post here; though I really didn’t think it would be a non-technical one. Crystal rocks! (get it?) and I really do not wish to be painted with the brush as “that guy” who started this discussion. Apologies in advance.

14 Likes

Personally, I like “Crystians”, but I agree that might lead to confusion. On the other hand, see also: What are Crystal programmers called? - #4 by drhuffman12

2 Likes

We are yet to decode the name for the programmers for this community and at this point,I would like to say we will bring out the best possible one by doing a fair vote so please stay tuned!:blush:

5 Likes

Hi Emmanuel,

Your response makes me so happy,I am sure with you starting this journey as an influencer,we will be able to inspire other passionate folks to take this up across other geographies.I will setup sometime this week to connect with you to learn more about you and discuss the way forward for this journey, kindly let me know your timezone and a few convenient time slots that works for you.I look forward to talk to you!

1 Like

Hi Mekhla,

Thank you for the response, my timezone is UTC+2, we can connect in next week, most of the time I am available after 2pm GMT, during weekdays.

Regards,
Emmanuel,

Thats great Emmanuel, I will setup sometime to talk.

1 Like